The North America 3D Printing Market is estimated to grow at a robust CAGR over the forecast period (2022-2029).
The factors driving growth of the North America 3D Printing Market includes increasing demand for 3D printing across end-use industries such as Healthcare, Consumer Products and Automotive, growing demand for jewelry across United States and Canada, rise in the number of smart factories, Government regulations promoting digitalization and improvements in the living standards. For instance, the Jewelry Market in United States was calculated around USD 76 billion in 2020, and as of 2020, around 19,300 jewelry stores across United States were in operation, which is expected to accelerate the North America 3D Printing Market size in the approaching years. Moreover, increase in the production of prototype, growing adoption of advanced technologies by manufacturers, rise in the launch of new products and rapid urbanization, are some of the additional factors supplementing the market growth. In addition, the increasing investments by major companies on research and development, strategic partnerships and collaborations between companies and growing population growth rates, are further contributing towards the market growth.
However, growth of the North America 3D Printing Market is hindered due to insufficient availability of skilled workforce.
The prominent players operating in the North America 3D Printing Market are voxeljet AG, ExOne, SLM Solutions, 3D Systems, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., Materialise, HP, GE Additive, EOS, and EnvisionTEC among others.
Based on Technology, the Direct Metal Laser Sintering segment is predicted to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
Direct metal laser technology is increasingly used in automotive and aerospace industries because it helps in streamlining the production process, provides end-product accuracy, and enhance product quality, is propelling growth of the segment.
Based on Application, the Prototyping segment is projected to grow at a faster CAGR over the forecast period
Increased adoption of 3D printing because minimizes operational costs, saves the time of prototype transaction in manufacturing, are pushing growth of the segment.
Based on Countries, United Sates is anticipated to expand at a remarkable CAGR during the forecast period
As per the North America 3D Printing Market Trend, presence of the leading players such as GE Additive, ExOne and 3D Systems, Inc., growing adoption of advanced technologies, rapid industrialization, and high per capita incomes, are some of the important factors augmenting the market growth in United States.
- In 2020, 3D Systems, Inc signed an agreement with Sanmina for developing certain plastic 3D printing platforms. Through this agreement, the company plans to increase capital investments in plastic material manufacturing, R&D, application development, software, and services to uphold the competitive advantages and accelerate innovation.
- In 2020, Stratasys Ltd, partnered with Origin, to promote and market the 3D-printed nasopharyngeal swabs of Origin to the healthcare providers and other testing centers in the U.S. Through this partnership, the company planned to strengthen its position as a provider of 3D printing solutions across the healthcare industry.
Segmentation by Offering
- Other Materials
Segmentation by Process
- Directed Energy Deposition
- Binder Jetting
- Material Jetting
- Material Extrusion
- Sheet Lamination
- Powder Bed Fusion
- Vat Photopolymerization
Segmentation by Technology
- Fused Deposition Modelling
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Inkjet Printing
- Polyjet Printing/Multijet Printing
- Laser Metal Deposition
- Electron Beam Melting
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
- Digital Light Processing
- Other Technologies
Segmentation by Application
- Functional Part Manufacturing
Segmentation by Vertical
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture & Construction
- Consumer Products
- Printed Electronics
- Food & Culinary
Segmentation by Countries
- US 3D Printing Market All-Up
- Canada 3D Printing Market All-Up
About GMI Research
GMI Research is a market research and consulting firm which provides market insights and intelligence across 12 major sectors helping our clients in making effective investment and business decisions.
Company Name: GMI RESEARCH
Contact Person: Sarah Nash
Phone: Europe – +353 1 442 8820; US – +1 860 881 2270
Address: Dublin, Ireland